Saturday, June 13, 2009

Motivation

This post about "fan mail" by Steven Den Beste sort of struck a chord with me. I started blogging for fun, although I began to cover more serious topics as time went by. Eventually, those serious topics were no longer fun for me. Blogging is to me another version of escapism, like reading a book or watching a movie. It came to a point where I was either going to quit or change how I was blogging because it wasn't fun anymore.

My blog reading habits have not followed my blog writing habits, however. I still read quite a number of "serious" blogs and in fact, I think my blog reading habits have tilted even more toward the "serious." I just don't have it within me to write that stuff myself.

So that's why I have been writing so much about music. It is something that I have always loved, something I have studied just for the sheer joy of learning about it, and it gives me something to keep blogging about.

No comments:

Post a Comment