Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dealing with management and customers

This: Support Should Never Be Necessary - The Daily WTF is hilarious. One thing that I learned when I worked for many years as a pager tech was that any time management passed a new stupid rule down to us, the best way to get rid of it was to follow it fanatically until management got sick of hearing about it.

I've also never believed that "customer is always right" nonsense. In my entire working life, the customer has almost always invariably been wrong.

3 comments:

  1. Those bring back disturbing memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who spent some time doing tech support for computers and printers, I can appreciate the humor in the article. I used to get emails that sometimes took two or three people to decipher, just due to bad grammar and spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. I, too, am subject to responding to concerns that sometimes are barely written in English, so I appreciated this link. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete