Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Favorite Favorites, Part I

I don't know if it's the heat, or I'm starting to get sick, or just the summer blahs (I get summer blahs, never fall or winter blahs), but I am feeling worn out. I had my hardest foot route yesterday, and was expecting my hardest motor route today, but due to a scheduling problem and that two of the trucks are in the shop for new brakes, I got put on a different route that I have never done and it was really easy. So I should be feeling pretty good today, but I'm not. Also, I'll be doing that hardest motor route tomorrow.

So anyway, I started grabbing some songs that I especially like and adding them to Winamp. I've been wanting to go through the whole thing more or less systematically and make a playlist of all my most favorite favorites. I don't think I can define what could earn a song a spot in this list; these are songs that for some reason strike a particular emotional chord in me. Feel free to use this list to psychoanalyze me if you want. Or just look them up on YouTube or Amazon and listen to them for yourself.

As I said, I started going through the collection and adding songs, and in a few minutes I already had 60 songs. Here are the first 20. This list is constantly subject to change, and is not anywhere near finished yet. These fall in no particular order.

1. Peter Murphy - Cuts You Up
2. Stroke 9 - Little Black Backpack
3. L'arc-En-Ciel - Ready Set Go
4. L'arc-En-Ciel - Shine
(3 and 4 are abbreviated versions which I audio-ripped from episodes that I had recorded with my DVD recorder. They are, respectively, the opening themes to Fullmetal Alchemist and Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit--both anime).
5. Mr. Big - Shine (Not the same song as #4, just the same title. The closing theme to Hellsing, but this is the full album version which I bought from Amazon).
6. David Wilcox - Eye of the Hurricane
7. Nathan Hamilton - Two Penny Vengeance
8. Robert Earl Keen - Corpus Christi Bay
9. Stan Rogers - Northwest Passage
10. Macy Gray - I Try
11. Annie Lennox - Why
12. B-52's - Revolution Earth
13. Psychedelic Furs - Heartbreak Beat
14. Cowboy Junkies - Sun Comes Up, It's Tuesday Morning
15. 4 Non Blondes - What's Up
16. 4 Non Blondes - Spaceman
17. Cheap Trick - Surrender
18. Commodores - Sail On
19. Dave Mason - We Just Disagree
20. Dobie Gray - Drift Away

There could be other songs by these artists that I will add later as I remember them, or hear them in the shuffle and am reminded of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment