Sunday, July 18, 2010

The knees! The knees!

This must be from the inherited collection. I'm not saying I didn't buy this, because it's exactly the kind of thing I would buy just for the oddness of it--but I'm pretty sure I didn't buy it myself. This is an album of music for contest twirling--the contestants were to use it to practice for the actual contest.

I'm not sure why anyone who was not a twirling contestant would have bought this. Every time I look at this I think that someone, somewhere missed an opportunity at creating yet another weird anime movie.

2 comments:

  1. Albums like that remind me of back in 1969-1971 when I first went to college. I used to help out the DJ at the on-campus radio station. Radio stations never bought music; companies sent them free copies made especially for radio (and said so on the cover). We used to see some that were bizarre. One was a collection of sounds of insect mating (each track was a different species), another that I remember clearly had nothing more on the cover than a photo of a douchebag dangling from a clothes hangar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that I have 2 or 3 of those "radio only" records, but I'm not sure how I got any of them.

    ReplyDelete