Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Gin (the drink, not the game)

A Man's Primer on Gin from The Art of Manliness.

I tried a gin drink once.  I had gone to a local area...well, I don't know what to call it.  It wasn't a bar, because it was too "classy" for that.  Oh yeah, it was called Chelsea Street Pub, so I guess it was pub.  Anyway, I was there with two friends, and myself and one of them decided to try a gin drink.

It was horrible.  I had paid for it, so I drank it all, but I didn't enjoy it.  We both agreed that it tasted like Kool-Aid-flavored turpentine.

Maybe it was just bad gin.  I don't know.  I never will know, because I'll never drink gin again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm more of a beer guy, rarely even touching the hard stuff anymore, but in my youth I had a co-worker lady who got me to try Gin and Grapefruit juice. Not bad actually.

    Chelsea Street Pub (the one at Ingram Park Mall) - we used to love that place. We'd shop at the mall, then take our kids in for a mountain of nachos and be gone before the bands started playing. For a mall pub, not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would go to the one at Windsor Park Mall. That's where I first had a hot buttered rum, which I still make at home now and then when the weather is cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely abhor grapefruit. You can put that right up there with avocado for things that make my stomach churn.

    ReplyDelete