Thursday, March 12, 2009

A couple of pix

I saw this lonely bluebonnet growing from a crack between the pavement and the curb in the Old Field/Jones-Maltsberger area on Tuesday. I've seen some other bluebonnets this year, but they were all growing in flower beds. This is the first "wild" one I've seen. I don't expect to see too many wild ones this year, because of the drought.

And speaking of which, here is a picture of some raindrops hanging on some bare tree limbs that I took just as I got home from the doctor today. On my way out, I actually saw some puddles, but on the way back the rain had slacked off and most of the puddles were already gone.

The prognosis? Stay in out of the weather, drink plenty of fluids, and keep taking whatever over-the-counter cold medicine makes you feel better. I'm even excused for tomorrow, but I don't think I'll need to miss another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment