Monday, July 27, 2009

10 Albums (or so) a day #1



Since I have not had much inspiration to post anything lately, and I don't want the blog to go completely dead, I'm going to steal and slightly alter my friend Brer's shtick and simply post 10 albums a day from the digital collection. To begin with, these are only albums which I have ripped, from CD, cassette or LP. And then perhaps later, if necessary, I'll get into the LPs which I have not ripped or am not planning on ever ripping. Links provided for the albums I've posted on specifically.

The 3 M's - The 3 M's (1970, LP)
4 Non Blondes - Bigger, Better, Faster, More (1992, CD)
10,000 Maniacs - In My Tribe (1989, CD), MTV Unplugged (1993, CD)
808 State - Ex:el (1991, CD)
Agent Orange - When You Least Expect It (1987, CD)
Air Supply - Greatest Hits (1984, CD)
Al Stewart - The Best of Al Stewart (1992, CD)

I used to like 10,000 Maniacs a lot. I grew out of it. I originally purchased In My Tribe on LP, then later got the CD. 808 State is sort of techno-dance, and I'm not certain why I bought it. I think I heard one track playing in the music store that made me curious. Agent Orange was a sort of surf-punk group that I learned about from a sampler CD. Air Supply was one of my favorite groups when I was in high school, I grew out of that, too. My wife actually purchased this CD, but I am not averse to hearing them turn up in the shuffle, as long as it isn't too often. Everyone should have an Al Stewart compilation. "Time Passages" is another saxophone song.

Album count: 8. Like I said, 10 or so. There will be 10 next time.

2 comments:

  1. Man....4 non blondes really grated on my nerves. I used to work in a record store and I swore if I hears hey hey one more time i would go postal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favorite songs! There's no accounting for taste. Especially mine.

    ReplyDelete