Monday, September 26, 2005

More on USCCA

Several days ago I posted about learning of a group called the United States Concealed Carry Association. After reading some stuff about them on the Internet, I went ahead and subscribed to their magazine. I just wanted to point out that there is one thing for sure that separates them from certain other gun mags: they encourage and solicit submissions from their members/readers, instead having all articles written exclusively by a paid staff. I had been looking for a good opportunity to mention this, and decided today would be a good day because of a form email that I just received. It states, in part:
The toughest part of every issue of Concealed Carry Magazine is coming up with a good cover image. The last three cover images of the magazine were taken by USCCA members.

Based on the great results we had with these members, we would like to include all of our USCCA members and/or subscribers in this opportunity to be on the cover of CCM.

Aside from the rule that we always want a "person" and not just a gun on the cover, we're open to pretty much anything. We'd like to stay away from the traditional "gun magazine" photo of gun with tactical knife nearby alongside some scattered ammo!

Would you be interested in submitting a potential cover photo?

We are asking for only high resolution digital photographs. A standard 3x5 print will not work.

This is another opportunity for you to have a positive impact on the firearms community and be on the cover of a magazine!
I have yet to receive my first issue, but I think I can already safely say that I'm going to enjoy reading this magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Have been a member since it started, you won't be disapointed

    ReplyDelete