Friday, September 02, 2005

Why have I blogrolled Blue Flypaper?

Some readers of this blog might be wondering why in blue blazes have I added the extreme liberal blog known as Blue Flypaper to my blogroll. It is not because I am seeking "balance." I don't believe in balance. Well, I do believe in a general sort of law/chaos balance in the Moorcockian tradition, but so-called "balance" of the sort I am thinking of is impossible, because one side refuses to sit still on the scale.

It is very simple. If there were more blogs like this, there would be no need for other-point-of-view blogs at all. With her every word, our friend True Blue just digs herself further in. There is no need for me even to criticize...I merely point you her way. Anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together will quickly know how utterly lunatic (in the adjective sense) such an extremist viewpoint is. She quite simply saves me the trouble of saying anything myself. As a "womyn-hating gun-toting right wing reactionary," I'm sure True Blue knows that thinking of something intelligent myself is something of a challenge for me.

Don't get me wrong, I feel no hatred here. True Blue does an admirable job of putting forth her whacked-out views in an eloquent and cogent fashion. I admire her for her writing talent as well as her courage for speaking up about what she believes in. It's just that...well, I think she's nuts.

True Blue, as someone who supposedly lives in a "blue" state, I suppose that means you don't live anywhere near San Antonio, or anywhere else in Texas, for that matter (except maybe Austin). If you did live in this area, I would be happy to accompany you to the shooting range some sunny weekend. I'm sure that a morning spent punching holes in paper with very small, fast-moving pieces of copper-jacketed lead would change your entire outlook on the world. Heck, I'd even be happy to take you squirrel hunting. I'd even show you how to skin a squirrel and cook some mighty tasty tofu-free squirrel stew. I would be especially pleased, after such an experience, to advise you on choosing a new firearm of your very own (provided you are legally allowed to own one, of course).

How about it, Blue? Try seeing things from the other side. It could make you a new "womyn."

No comments:

Post a Comment