Sunday, October 09, 2005

Been experimenting

Occasionally I sell refurbished smoking pipes on eBay. I don't have a digital camera that can take nice pictures of small objects, so intead of trying to photograph the pipes, I just lie them directly on the scanner and scan them. So far this has worked quite well.

My old scanner bit the dust a while back, so I got a nice fancy new scanner/printer for my laptop. Today I tried the same experiment with a handgun. It worked about as well as I'd hoped, except that where the colors are accurate on my laptop monitor, when I look at them from my older desktop, they are all kind of sepia-toned.

So I don't know how this is going to look to other people, but here's a picture from today's experiment.



I'll be writing more about this gun later.

No comments:

Post a Comment