Friday, February 08, 2008

This is the book I never read...

Some other bloggers who I read regularly often post about the music they are currently listening to, so why not me too?

This is the book I never read
These are the words I never said
This is the path I'll never tread
These are the dreams I'll dream instead
This is the joy that's seldom spread
These are the tears...
The tears we shed
This is the fear
This is the dread
These are the contents of my head
And these are the years that we have spent
And this is what they represent
And this is how I feel
Do you know how I feel ?

Now playing is Diva by Annie Lennox. Lyrics above from "Why?" If you think that Annie Lennox was just that weird chick from Eurythmics, then you may have missed someting. This is one of my favorite albums. And in a musical world full of syrupy-sweet nasal female vocals, her voice pours as thick and dark as wild honey.

1 comment:

  1. I always liked Annie Lennox; the female singers these days are pathetic. I'd much rather hear Heart, Janis Joplin, Lita Ford, among others. They have more character and personality in one or two notes than most of these modern lisping girls can show in a whole album.
    Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete