Thursday, May 22, 2008

Too much work

If you need a dryer vent kit, that is, the duct, the clamps, and the vent hood, do not go to Home Depot, because they don't have it. Lowe's does. Home Depot has only rigid aluminum ducting (and nothing else), which is worthless if you have to snake the duct around an obstacle like I did.

And apparently last night's wind blew around under the house too much because I had left the end skirting open so I could crawl under there again to work on the duct. Almost all the skirting on the back side of the house was knocked down. It would have taken me a long time to put it back if I hadn't had my two little helpers.

That was a lot more work than I had planned on doing today, but now at least the dryer works and the skirting is all put back so the wind can't blow under the house again. And if you think I was extra careful crawling under the house because of last night's copperhead, you would be correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment