Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Kingston Trio - Here We Go Again! (1959, LP)


The Kingston Trio is so famous and so much of their stuff is still available that I don't have a whole lot to say, but this is one that came from my late mother-in-law's collection. I have always loved this kind of music, and I keep looking out for a really good compilation of this group, like maybe even a 2-CD set (or more).

Side 1
1. Molly Dee
2. Across the Wide Missouri
3. Haul Away
4. The Wanderer
5. 'Round About the Mountain
6. Oleanna

Side 2
1. The Unfortunate Miss Bailey
2. San Miguel
3. E Inu Tatou E
4. A Rollin' Stone
5. Goober Peas
6. A Worried Man

This is an old record that wasn't well-taken-care-of, so I can rate the rip as only fair, with one skip on Side 2, Track 1. Favorites are "Molly Dee," "Oleanna" and "A Worried Man," but the whole album is great if you like this kind of stuff.

The cover of my album is not exactly the same as the above graphic; mine doesn't have the band at the top that says, "FULL DIMENSIONAL STEREO," although mine is in stereo. I just grabbed that graphic off the web somewhere because it's close enough and it saved me the trouble of scanning and stitching the cover. Also interesting to me is that the guy in the middle is playing a baritone ukelele.

No comments:

Post a Comment