Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cold

I got totally rained on yesterday, as local readers probably can easily assume already. Working in the cold isn't bad if you're dressed for it. Working in cold, windy rain is completely different. I still haven't found any gear that will keep me very dry for an extended period (like yesterday: at least 6 hours) in non-stop rain.

One of the problems yesterday is that I could never get warmed up. If you've ever had to keep up a fairly high level of activity in the cold you'll know what I mean--but your muscles never get warmed up and you have to keep struggling against cold muscles constantly. It's terrible.

So, even though I slept like a dead rock last night, I'm still pretty much exhausted today and--as I expected--awakened this morning feeling sick. No, you can't catch a "cold" from being cold, you only get "cold-like symptoms." Somehow that isn't much of a comfort.

Last night we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I got to hear my daughter tell me how the movie is nothing like the book. Exactly like I would have done. Must be raising her right.

No comments:

Post a Comment