Saturday, November 20, 2010

And a couple of Charlie Chaplin movies

This morning I also watched two Charlie Chaplin silent films, The Kid and The Pilgrim. They ran them on TCM earlier this week and I recorded them to watch them at my leisure. I'm not very well-versed on his films, and both of these were a first for me. I enjoyed them both very much.

The only other Chaplin movie I've seen is Modern Times, which was screened for me once by my friend Brer. That was a long time ago, though, and I'd like to see it again sometime.

I was very impressed by Jackie Coogan's acting in The Kid. It's amazing to me that a child could emote like that in a film with no dialogue. Watch it sometime just so you can see what Uncle Fester looked like when he was 7 years old.

1 comment:

  1. Oh.
    My.
    Gawd.
    Look.
    Someone in the background is going to do something that lookes like it could have happened today!!!!eleven11!!!

    ReplyDelete