Monday, June 10, 2013

Alex Woodard and Sara Watkins - Reno (lyrics and chords)


This is a song I downloaded some time ago and it's been there lurking in my mind and occasionally turning up in the shuffle.  I couldn't find the chords for it on ye olde internets so I'm taking a shot.  I think these are right.

And it is actually pitched in C.  Also the lyrics I found weren't all correct, so I believe I've corrected them.

(Male)
C               Em
I pulled out of Memphis
F              C
With her on my mind
G                 E7             Am     G   F
She reminds me of someone I left behind
C             Em
In a hotel in Nashville
F              C
Or a club in L.A.
G          E7                   Am    G   F
Or maybe a lover's house on the way

(Female) (same chords)
Been working in Reno
Trying to get out
I've got a lonesome I worry about
It ain't the same feeling
As being alone
It's more how my lover's house ain't a home, no more.

(Both)

             C
So i need to know
                  Am    G
Is it time to let go
              C                               G
Is it time to leave these dreams behind me in Reno

(Male)
She was there at the station
When I stopped to fill up
This diesel tank and stained out coffee cup
(Female)
He says he needs coffee
But I think he means me
So I'm filling his cup with all my dreams




(Both)

How I need to know
Is it time to let go
Is it time to leave these dreams behind me in Reno
I think I know
It's time to let go
It's time to leave these dreams behind me, in Reno

(Male)

C               Em
I pulled out of Reno
F              C
With her by my side


The chords are the same pattern throughout.  Shouldn't be hard to figure out if anyone is looking for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment