Friday, September 18, 2009

10 albums a day #45


The Residents
- Meet the Residents (1974, LP)
- Duck Stab (1977, 7-inch EP)
- Double Shot (1988, mini-CD)
- God in Three Persons (1988, CD)
- The King and Eye (1989, CD)
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives of Henry VIII (1973, cassette)
Ricky Skaggs - My Favorite Hits (1994, CD)
The Righteous Brothers - The Very Best of (1990, CD)
Roger McGuinn - Back from Rio (1991, CD)
Roger Waters - The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking (1984, CD)
Roger Waters and Ron Geesin - Music from The Body (1970, CD)

Click to read previous posts about The Residents.

My college room-mate brought up that Rick Wakeman album several times when we would talk about music. I bought the tape sometime in the mid-80s, and of course I really like it. I later bought a used LP so I'd have all the complete jacket art and liner notes.

Ricky Skaggs is my wife's CD. I ripped it to listen to but I am not very impressed. Maybe this just isn't the right album. The photo is not very flattering, either.

Righteous Brothers: filling in the blanks. Roger McGuinn: I don't know. It's an okay album, but I can't remember why I went out and bought the CD. Must have heard something on the radio that I liked enough, I guess.

And then we have the original uncensored nekkid-heinie cover art of Roger Waters' The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking, which I had to download from the internet because my CD has a black rectangle to hide the horribly offensive female posterior. I didn't buy this one until several years after its release when I found it at a greatly reduced price in a clearance bin. I have never been very impressed with it. P.S. Those backpack straps must be very uncomfortable.

Music from The Body is the soundtrack to a documentary on human biology called, of course, The Body. It is a quite interesting album that incorporates sounds that the human body makes, or may make, along with more traditional instrumentation.

Album count: 458.

No comments:

Post a Comment