Thursday, December 25, 2003

Stuff for Christmas

Who cares what I got for Christmas? Well, I can't think of anything else right now, so here goes.

1. I finally got a big 12-cup drip coffee maker. I've had a small 4-cupper for years and I still use it to make my going-to-work coffee during the week, but for weekends it just wasn't cutting it anymore.

2. A pair of hiking shoes. More comfortable than my army surplus combat boots, and as I said when I opened the box, "I can still kick dogs with them." To which my small son asked, "Do you kick kitties too?" I don't kick either one, really, but my son hasn't yet figured out my sense of humor. Besides, his question was a lot funnier than my original statement. (I frequently encounter recalcitrant canines during my work day).

3. Three pairs of all-cotton boxers: the Grinch, the Cat in the Hat (the real one, not the unspeakable abomination from the recent movie), and Spongebob Squarepants.

4. A halogen work lamp.

5. A set of John Deere tractor coffee mugs with assorted coffees.

6. Plenty of good holiday food and a couple of days off.