Saturday, March 26, 2005

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

I will never buy Diamond brand strike on box large kitchen matches ever again. I bought a case of these a while back (yeah, I know, that's 1,500 matches, but at least I wasn't buying 30,000 paper matches). They do not strike reliably and are dangerously prone to snapping off during a strike, which causes a flaring match head to fly into ones clothing. I like to use matches to light my pipe when at home, and the best matches, in my opinion, are Ohio Blue Tips (the strike anywhere kind). These are apparently available locally only at your friendly neighborhood H.E.B.

H.E.B. is also, by the way, the only place I have found (other than ordering it online) that sells Sontava habanero sauce. This is my favorite general-purpose hot sauce. Be sure and get the XXX version, the XX isn't hot enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment