Sunday, July 17, 2005

More gun pix

I first came across this website a long time ago, I can't remember when, but somehow forgot to bookmark it (or possibly lost the bookmark during a long-ago computer crash). But I recently found it again due to a reference at some other website: Oleg Volk Photo Gallery: Weapons. There are lots of excellent photos here, only a small part of which are gun-related, but that's what I'm focusing on for the purposes of this blog. Some of the photos are for self-defense advocacy, and some are just pictures of guns. Many of them are of the right size and proportion to use as desktop wallpaper if you desire, or to print out for posters or handbills. Most of the advocacy pictures are for women's self defense. There are also a few pictures of just ammunition. (I never realized that a few 7.62x25mm Tokarev cartridges could be so photogenic).

I thought when I re-discovered this site that it might hold a picture that I have been looking for for a long time, but it turns out that it isn't here. It was a picture of a woman holding a shotgun and a cell phone, looking downward toward the floor several feet in front of her. The caption on the poster said: "Shoot twice, then once more to make sure. Reload. Call 911." I thought it was a great poster but I have lost it and haven't been able to find it again. If anyone has ever seen this one, please leave me a comment.

I almost forgot one more thing. This website has rss feeds for each gallery, so that if you use a news aggregator you can subscribe to it and be notified when a new photo has been posted to that gallery. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment