Friday, November 18, 2005

Random Rambles

Last March or so, when I actually started to use this blog regularly, I figured it would only be a go if I focused on something that that I deeply cared about, that is, self-defense and Second Amendment rights. It is now several months later and I've been able to stick to it this time. Not only that, but I'm looking forward to doing this for some time to come. However, I would not be honest to myself or anyone who reads this if I used this blog for such a narrow focus. Which is why lately I have been attempting some more or less "humorous" posts, usually when something strikes me as being very absurd. The "humor" stuff may seem to some to be a little odd (like the thing about vampires protesting white phosphorus). But, this mix of serious and funny (if I can go so far as to call it that) is how my mind really works, and is a more accurate reflection of what I'm thinking about and what I think is important, or in some cases, just silly. And since this is my blog and no one can stop me from writing something stupid, I will most likely continue to use it to sharpen my writing chops.

In other news, Christmas came early this year, or something. I got home from work today to find I had been gifted with a fancy new digital camera that does movies as well as still photos. So I may be able to take decent photos of things for a change (it even has a "macro" mode). My wife is an Avon representative, and she is sometimes able to get things a little cheaper than the regular price by buying them as "demo models." Avon doesn't just sell makeup these days, you know.

As I'm sure everyone knows, tomorrow is Ammo Day, and I plan to participate, although I don't think I'll wait until 3:30 in the afternoon. I don't know about buying a copy of Red Dawn, though. I saw it when it was first released in the theater and I never really expected to go out of my way to see it again. I might get a copy of Death Wish instead.

Heh.

And with all the lame sequels that have been made, why wasn't there a sequel to Red Dawn? When the girl narrating it made a reference to "the opening days of world war three" near the end of the movie, I was sure that they were leaving room for a sequel. But then, they never made a sequel to Buckaroo Bonzai either.