Wednesday, December 21, 2005

BBAGA at the Blogonomicon

If you were to look back in my archives for some reason, you would see that this is actually the anniversary of the founding of this blog. I don't consider it very highly, however, because at the time I was apparently bored and couldn't think of anything better to do. I didn't really get "serious" about it until March 2005. Here are some previous names of this blog:
The Complete Waste of Time Weblog
Farm Road 539
The Twyllyp Report
Flourishing in Obscurity

I still kind of like that last one, it seems the most accurate.

I don't have the money to buy a gun in celebration today (actually I do, but it's in a savings account and is untouchable except for a real emergency). However, I do plan on getting one when the income tax refund comes in in a couple months time. I have my heart set on a lever-action .357 magnum.

That first day of blogging, although there were no gun-related topics, in retrospect seems to have set the whimsical, scattershot tone of this blog. This is appropriate, because my mind often operates in a whimsical, scattershot fashion.

So here's a summary of that first day.

A post about E-Sword: Bible freeware that I use often.

A post making fun of Barbie & Ken versions of Aragorn and Arwen. (The link is no longer valid).

The last post was about Jack Chick tracts, which I still am both offended and amused by, although the amusement outweighs the offensiveness. There was also a link to a spoof of these tracts from a Cthulhuian perspective. The old link is no longer valid because some lawyers made the author remove it--it obviously violated copyrights. However, that is not dead which can always lie, and once released on the Internet nothing can die. A good link to the Cthulhu Chick Tract may be found here.