Monday, November 05, 2007

I used to think that everything was fine...



So I finished Styx today. Well, I still have Caught in the Act but I'm not going to rip it. (I know the Kilroy picture is from the CD cover, but that's just because that's what they have at Amazon. I have it only on vinyl).

I found a file host that I can probably get away with stashing some mp3s at. I have one old record that I'm going to upload there once I get it ripped, but I'll let it be a surprise. It's not the kind of thing you can buy at Amazon, or anywhere else for that matter. I'm sure someone out there will get a kick out of it.

Also, I brought some CDs in from the truck that I've been driving around with for a while so I could rip them. CDs go pretty fast, so I should get them done tonight before I hit the hay.

The Best of Warren Zevon
Jimmy Smith -- The Sermon , At the Organ, and Christmas Cookin'

Yeah, that last one has been riding around in the truck for a pretty good while. About a year now, I'd say.

I might also mention that since I started using Yourmusic.com, I've been getting every Jimmy Smith CD they have. For some utterly bizarre reason, they don't have Back at the Chicken Shack. This is really weird because it's like a seminal Jimmy Smith album. Fortunately I have it on vinyl, so I'll probably get around to ripping it pretty soon. It was actually slightly expensive for a record, because it's an original printing and still in excellent condition. I think I paid $15 for it close to 20 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment