Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Facts Meme

Read this at A Trainwreck in Maxwell and since KurtP didn't tag anyone, I'll volunteer to play along.

1. Wrapping or gift bags? Wrapping. But my wife takes care of most of this.

2. Real or artificial tree? Artificial. I'm philosophically opposed to killing trees for decoration.

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend. The kids put it up this year, mostly. I stood it up and they decorated it.

4. When do you take the tree down? Probably right after New Year.

5. Do you like eggnog? Not really. It's okay. My favorite cold weather drinks are: hot toddy, hot buttered rum, or hot spiced wine.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? This would be a tie between the Fort Apache I got when I was 8 and the Daisy BB gun I got when I was 12.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Probably socks.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but my wife does that.

10. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Carol or any iteration thereof, like Scrooged. I really like that animated version they used to show every year when I was a kid.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Once again, my wife does most of this, and generally buys something here and there all year long in preparation for Christmas. By November, it's pretty much all done.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The white fudge that my dad's wife makes. Reuben's tamales are pretty good, too.

13. Clear lights or colored? Colored.

14. Favorite Christmas song? Same Old Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg.

15. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Travel, unfortunately.

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes. And don't forget Chet.

17. Angel or star on the top of your tree? Star.

18. Open your presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Having to travel on Christmas day instead of just staying home and letting the kids play with their new stuff all day.

20. What do you leave for Santa? The kids leave milk and cookies, and sometimes cheese. Santa likes cheese at our house, especially sharp cheddar.

21. Least favorite holiday song? Anything with chipmunks or barking dogs.

22. Do you decorate your tree with any specific theme or color? No.

23. Favorite ornament? Favorite ornament? Is that even possible? I made a flashing Christmas tree with a tree-shaped circuit board and a bunch of colored LEDs that I think is pretty cool.

24. Family tradition? Going somewhere else instead of staying home--a tradition I really hate, and which I threaten to break every year.

25. Ever been to Midnight Mass or late-night Christmas Eve services? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment