Friday, July 10, 2009

You don't say...

Today was brutal. They decided to spring a surprise meeting on us this morning so I didn't actually hit the ground until about 7:15. I finished about 12:30. That may not sound too bad, but man it was hot. I went through a 1.5-liter CamelBak, plus another 40 ounces of water and 30 ounces of "gatorade." And I had forgotten my bandanna, so I didn't have anything to wipe the sweat off my face. Just as I finished and was loading my stuff up for the trip back to the office, my cell phone rang. It was my wife.

"Be careful," she said, "It's very hot outside."

I was speechless.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. She loves you.

    After putting on my riding boots, chaps, heavy sweater, leather jacket, gauntlets, full face helmet and riding glasses my wife would usually say "be careful" as I leave. They mean well.

    ReplyDelete