Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dogs and songs

I got attacked by a loose dog again today. First time in a while that I thought I was seriously threatened. This time it was just some medium-sized yellow mutt.

Thing is, this time everything went just right and I connected with it so hard I actually knocked it down for a second. The hit felt different, too, like I hit something hard and I think I must have hit its jaw or some teeth. When it got back to its feet it ran away as fast as it could go. Who knew playing golf on the Wii would have such a side benefit? I really wish people would keep their dogs secured.

I remember times when this happened in the past, and I would be so hopped up on adrenalin that I would get the shakes when it started wearing off. This time, my heart didn't even beat faster and it was like nothing had happened. I don't know if that's good or bad.

I have been systematically working on creating an actual list of what I call "general favorites," which is quite long, long enough that I'm breaking it into smaller alphabetic lists. I just got finished with Deep Purple. These are not songs that give me that emotional gut-punch, only songs that I don't mind hearing again. Maybe I'll post these lists someday. I don't know if there would be any point to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment