Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tommy Shaw - The Great Divide (mp3 download)


As I stated my intention to in a previous post, I downloaded this today. I'm still a little shy about buying albums by download, mostly because I don't get the booklet with all the info about the backup musicians and other niggling details. But, I did download it and am now just about finished listening to it. I love this album. As I probably said before, I bought his first two solo albums way back when, but then bailed out on any others because I thought they were kind of boring and nothing on them really grabbed me. But if he keeps putting out albums like this, I will keep buying them.

If you buy the download you get one bonus track that isn't on the CD. This is not hardcore, traditional bluegrass, but rather more of a "newgrass" kind of thing with some rock influences. If you don't like bluegrass to begin with, you probably won't like this album much. Likewise, if you want your bluegrass to sound exactly like it did 60 years ago, you probably won't care for it much either.

Great album. 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. You've convinced me. I'm going to check it out, and possibly buy it.

    ReplyDelete