Sunday, April 03, 2011

Weekend update

So...I got nothing done yesterday. I developed this weird, disorienting headache Friday night, decided to just sleep it off, awakened Saturday morning to find it had not lessened while asleep. Took some aspirin at about 7:00 AM--my customary headache dope--didn't work. Took some naproxen sodium at noon and took two separate hour-long naps during the afternoon which helped. Still, in spite of those long naps and complete inactivity yesterday, I went to sleep at 9:00 PM and slept like a dead rock for about 9 hours, which is quite a long time for me. Woke up this morning feeling much better, although still a little fuzzy but that wore off as the day went by. Can't blame it on sinus problems because they weren't any worse than usual. It didn't fit any of the symptoms for a migraine--which I don't think I've ever had. It felt like something was trying to pull my brain out through my forehead.

Anyway, I've decided to go ahead and order three or four albums that I've been wanting for quite some time. One of them, I think, I'll just download, the rest I'll get on CD. Ordered one of them today, which you may guess at if you have nothing better to do. It's a 4-album set on 2 CDs that includes all the original artwork--that is--the albums were later released with different cover art. A very popular band but these albums were before they were really popular--except for one song which got played to death and still gets played on classic rock stations now and then.

I stopped by a Radio Shack on the way home Friday to see if I could get one of those Roku devices, but they were sold out. I think I'll try one more store before giving up and ordering online. I discovered that Netflix has ALL Futurama episodes plus all the movies available for streaming, so I and the kids have been having some fun watching those from the very beginning. I think it will be fun to hunt down and watch various Christmas shows when that time of year comes around again, especially the Futurama shows and the Blackadder special.

Got a new shipment of pipe tobacco in this past week. This time I just said to heck with variety and ordered two pounds of Bayou Night, which is still my favorite all-around smoke and which I'd rather have than anything. I'll need to order more 1792 Flake before too long, though, I think. Those are two of my regulars--my other regulars are well-stocked enough that I don't need to order any of them.

I took a look at my stash to see where I'm at; I still have a vacuum-sealed bag of Bayou Morning that I sealed up not quite 4 years ago. This was a sample that I intentionally avoided using because I wanted to test vacuum-sealed bags for long-term storage. I intend to open it up when it reaches 5 years old. I still need to store my recent order of Bayou Night, which I'll just stuff in Mason jars. I'll probably do that this week sometime.

I got my son an mp3 player for his birthday. I put some stuff on it which he had requested (country-type stuff), plus some rock stuff that I thought he might like and should hear. So he's been listening to it and becoming thoroughly acquainted with Rush and Pink Floyd. He really likes Pink Floyd, especially Dark Side of the Moon and Meddle. Unfortunately my daughter is biased against most music that is that old, with the exceptions of Reba McEntire and Johnny Cash.

I did an audio rip of that "Friday" video, saved it as an mp3 and snuck it onto her mp3 player. I got a big kick out of it. She didn't think it was all that funny, and deleted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment