Monday, July 25, 2011

The Daily Briar

Chris is a west Texas pipe smoking blogger who hosts The Daily Briar, wherein he discusses his ongoing education about and appreciation of wine, and who writes about mixing pipe smoking with wines and beers, which I find interesting.

I am sometimes partial to a bottle of Shiner Bock myself, especially in the company of a pipe of Bayou Night. Although I shudder to mention it, Chris has even found a liking for Shiner's Ruby Redbird.

I guess you need to like grapefruit before you can like a beer with grapefruit juice in it, so that pretty much puts me out of the picture. I can't even imagine such a thing.

Anyway, interesting reading! Click and go read.

This post is for the Pipe Smoking Bloggers event #1.

2 comments:

  1. Chris has even found a liking for Shiner's Ruby Redbird.

    I don't believe it.

    I just don't.

    I can't see how anyone can take a swig of that swill and then honestly sit back and say, "Yep. That was refreshing." Shiner does good with different flavors, but the Ruby Redbird is a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could say the same thing about guacamole or pineapple. Or Budweiser Clamato. Yet people still eat/drink them.

    ReplyDelete