Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Signs

Clearing out some work pix.


I'm familiar with the phrase "cleft of the rock," but I'm not sure what a "clift" is.



Intrust?



And some big flower that I thought I'd grab with my phone.

I've been looking (online) at some digital cameras, and pretty much decided what I want.  I had intended to get one on Monday, but unfortunately the repair to my car is taking longer than expected and I'm going to be grounded pretty much all week.  The good news is the warranty is paying for the fix.  I don't intend to take a camera with me when I'm working, but I am planning on combining my new hobby of geocaching with some photography (my intended other new hobby).

I also dug out the old Pentax Spotmatic that I acquired some time ago and got a new battery for the light meter.  I had also intended to have a roll of test film developed by now to see how it does, because I haven't used it in a long time, but I kind of ran out of things to photograph around the house.

I like the old Pentax because it's completely manually operated.  The digital camera I'm looking at has plenty of automatic functions but can be switched to manual, and also has a macro mode.  I'm hoping the car will be ready by Friday, so maybe I can do something Friday afternoon or Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about the sign (Clift or Cleft) but the building looks like it could be used as a movie location for an old prison. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! "Intrust" rate! That's the best thing I've seen all day!

    ReplyDelete