Friday, November 23, 2012

A question

Now that I think we can safely say it's the beginning of the Christmas season, I will probably begin watching all the different versions of A Christmas Carol that I can get my hands on.  So that leads me to a question for all my legions of readers.

What actor would you like to see portray Ebenezer Scrooge, who hasn't yet done so?  Male or female, because I don't personally have a problem with revisions starring a woman as Scrooge's character (as long as it isn't Whoopi Goldberg).

I'll wait to see if I get any comments, and then tell you who I'd like to see.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to think of an actor who could better Patrick Stewart's portrayal; when I try to think of anybody in the role he rises up and stands in the way. Perhaps Ian Holm. He seems to have the ability to play the crusty exterior with the hidden lovable center necessary to the part.

    I would like to see Christmas Carol adapted to the life of HPL: unbelieving Lovecraft goes to bed on Christmas Eve after a supper of cold canned beans and has some very strange dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say anyone could do it better than Stewart, however, although this may sound strange, I would like to see a version set during, say, the Depression-era United States starring Christopher Walken.

    ReplyDelete