Wednesday, November 07, 2012

A tiny cemetery

I found this article interesting:  The Smallest Graveyard in Manhattan (via Mental Floss).  I don't know if it would be appropriate to say I'm a "fan" of cemeteries, but I do find them interesting--perhaps even engrossing--and I really like taking photos of them.  This article also reminds me of a cemetery I just recently noticed.

From the first month that I was hired at my current job (more than 5 years ago now), I was put on the Dominion route.  Although I have been down this particular street many times since then, it was only a few months ago that I suddenly noticed there is a small family cemetery in the Dominion.  I have always wanted to get a closer look at it, and perhaps take some photos, but since I'm on the job every time I'm there I've always been reluctant to stop for long.  It's for the Toepperwein family; a name you've probably heard if you live in San Antonio.  There's some information about it here.

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool. In the woods between the Huebner Onion house on Bandera Rd and Raymond Rimkus Park On Poss there's a tiny Huebner family cemetery. It has the smallest chainlink fence I've ever seen around it, so not very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is another cemetery on Perrin Beitel that I have passed and I could have sworn it had some Topperwein names on the markers. Though I haven't driven by in at least a few years.

    ReplyDelete