Tuesday, January 08, 2013

A couple of funny things

I just started watching a BBC4 show called The IT Crowd via Netflix streaming.  It's from the creators of Father Ted and Black Books.  I've seen both of those series also, and The IT Crowd is most definitely the funniest of the three.  It's about two socially awkward IT techs who work in the basement of a large corporation and their supervisor who managed to bluff her way into her position in spite of knowing nothing about information technology.  So it's sort of an office-humor kind of show, but it's also about the two tech nerds trying to interface with normal society.  One of the nerds was formerly on Garth Marengi's Darkplace, which I blogged about a few years ago when it was airing on Cartoon Network's adult swim block.  It just constantly cracks me up, and I highly recommend it.

The other thing was my daughter's joke the other day.  She likes puns.  I mean, she really likes them.  I don't hate puns, in fact, I enjoy them.  The only thing I don't like about them is that I rarely can come up with an original one myself.  So we were coming home, myself, my daughter and my son, when she began laughing and telling this joke.  She progressively laughed harder and harder so that she was barely able to finish it.  She said, "Why was...(gasp)...six...(choke)...afraid of...(laugh, gasp)...seven?"

My son and I both thought we'd heard this lame pun before, and he quickly answered, "Because seven eight nine."

My daughter, still laughing so hard she could hardly talk, said, "No...because...(gasp)...seven was...a...registered....six offender!"  And then she collapsed helplessly in a paroxysm of uncontrollable mirth.

It still makes me laugh, remembering it.  Not because it was especially funny, but because she was laughing so hard.  Thank goodness they both have a decent sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment