Tuesday, June 01, 2010

X5 Free Sampler: Jazz Legends

Last night I downloaded the X5 Free Sampler: Jazz Legends from Amazon. I have downloaded a few of these X5 samplers so far, and they are all quite good. I thought I'd take a moment to recommend this one. It's a good way to add a few nice tracks to your jazz collection if you don't have them already.

Only five tracks, wish it could be bigger.

1. Swedish Radio Jazz Group - "Yaoundé"
2. Miles Davis - "My Old Flame"
3. Lena Horne - "Old Devil Moon"
4. Peggy Lee - "The Lady is a Tramp"
5. Sonny Rollins - "Just in Time"

I do have a quibble, however. The volume levels of these tracks are not even close to each other. Tracks 1 & 5 especially are so low that I have to reach over and turn up the volume four or five clicks to hear them better. It sounds like tracks 2 & 4 are in mono, although they were encoded in stereo, which only results in a larger file without changing the sound at all. I've never heard of that group on track 1, and it sounds more modern, so I'm not sure how much of a "legend" they are.

Nice little collection, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment