Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summertime blahs

It's that time of year when I kind of lose the ability to think clearly. I'm pretty sure it's working in this heat so much. When I get home, I just go into a semi-vegetable state and don't think or do anything. This was the hardest week of the month also, when most of my hardest and longest routes all come together at once. I'm just waiting for September, when the heat should start slacking off a little.

I have been investigating a lot of music that's new to me via YouTube. One new metal group that I'm definitely going to get into is Amorphis, at the suggestion of Albatross. The research I've been doing on anime themes has also sent me in some new directions. I think I've listened to more non-English lyrics this week than in all the rest of my life put together.

Does anyone remember a cartoon called ReBoot? One of the protagonists, a female character, was named Dot Matrix, heh. I think it was the first ever computer-animated TV series, back in 1994. Netflix now has it. I watched a few minutes of it yesterday and it just looks godawful now. But back then I watched it just because the animation was so fascinating. Netflix also now has Home Movies, which I always liked, but I think I've seen them all by now from airing on Adult Swim. I finally finished the Arrancar story arc on Bleach. Man. Although there were some digressions*, when that story arc came to an end, I realized that only at that point had the original beginning story line come to a real conclusion, at 300+ episodes. I should say that I haven't seen all 300+ shows because there are several seasons that aren't available from Crunchyroll, I guess because those are the ones that are currently being aired on TV here in the U.S. It will be interesting, when they eventually get up to the ones I've seen ahead of time, to see how the English overdubbing comes out different from the subtitling. Oh yeah, I've also been doing some reading at the Bleach Wiki.

I've been buying those big drinks from Valero that come with a free mp3 download credit for Rhapsody. I only need one more and I can get the new Stevie Nicks album. Haven't heard any of her stuff in a long time, so I thought I'd use these credits to get it for free.

So...a few new videos beyond the jump...



Amorphis - You I Need


Fferyllt - Yule


Mylène Farmer - Bleu Noir


Mylène Farmer at Google Images (NSFW).


*There are a few story arcs that are considered non-canonical because they happen only in the anime and not both the anime and the manga.

No comments:

Post a Comment