Wednesday, October 22, 2008

As long as I'm on the subject...

I don't do much gun blogging anymore, not because I don't care about it, but because 1) there are others who are and who always have in the past, done a much better job of it than I ever did, and 2) because there's a very good chance that anything I mention will already have been covered by dozens of other bloggers. Chances are if you read this blog, you already know where I stand and agree with me on the essentials. Most readers of this blog probably also read The War On Guns, and if your blog-reading habits are anything like mine, it's probably one of the first blogs you catch up on every day.

Anyway, I want to say congratulations to David Codrea for getting a columnist gig that will allow him to reach people who are not already members of the choir. Check out his column at Cleveland Gun Rights Examiner.

As an example of what I mean, I was very encouraged by this comment on David's second column:
This is very interesting, and I had no idea these types of lawless, quasi-vigilante events were being perpetrated in Ohio by government. If I understand correctly, the primary job of the police is two-fold: uphold the constitution and enforce the laws. It seems as if they have gotten it totally backwards: they are violating the constitution and inventing arbitrary laws as they go, to the detriment of innocent Ohioans.

This type of lawless behavior by agents of government can never be tolerated. If government sets the example of violating the constitution and the laws, what should be expected of everyone else?
Emphasis mine, because that's the important part. This person had no idea such things were happening. The MSM doesn't report such things with any regularity, and many people still have no idea of even which questions should be asked.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. It really is a great opportunity to get info like this outside "the choir"--stuff people who don't frequent "gun blogs" are not likely to hear

    ReplyDelete